Pacificstream is a provider of a range of high quality support services including advice, guidance, training, mentoring, and incubation to help creatives to either start a business or help their existing art and design practice to survive and grow.
We specialise in supporting new and existing artists, musicians, designers and makers but have experience of supporting entrepreneurs of all ages and backgrounds across a diverse range of the creative and digital industries within Liverpool, Merseyside, the Northwest of England, nationally and internationally.
We have a team of highly qualified and skilled advisers with many years of experience in delivering business support programmes and supporting entrepreneurs, all of whom run their own successful businesses and therefore have empathy with the issues in running a business.
Business Start-up Support – we run a range of start-up programmes to support the creative industries which offer a wide range of services including 1-2-1 business advice and guidance; portfolio critiques and mentoring to help you get started and survive through the early stages of developing your business; workshops and networking events.
Support for existing businesses – we offer a range of services including 1-2-1 advice and guidance; businesses improvement programmes support; strategy development support, business mentoring and high growth coaching.
Business Incubation – our award winning business co-workingspace, BasecampLiverpool, offers an affordable and supportive environment for early stage development creative and digital industries businesses helping new entrepreneurs to increase their chances of survival and achieving business growth.
Research and Consultancy – We have undertaken research projects and provided consultancy services regionally, nationally and internationally across a range of areas including social enterprise development, entrepreneurship, strategic management, financial management, ethical fashion, new technologies, business incubation both bricks and mortar and virtual.
Our Mission and Aims
Our Mission is to provide effective, tailored support services that will help creative entrepreneurs, artists and performers to develop their artistic practice, new skills and knowledge and to achieve success with their ventures. In delivering our services we make a significant contribution to regeneration initiatives in the areas in which our organisation operates including:
- Creating new businesses;
- Helping existing businesses to survive and achieve growth and in doing so improving business survival rates, increasing the number of business VAT registrations and contributing to growth in GVA;
- Creating new jobs and helping to safeguard existing jobs;
- Contributing to development of an entrepreneurial culture and encouraging more young people, graduate, women and BME business start ups, groups traditionally underrepresented in entrepreneurship;
- Improving the business skills of local labour forces;
- Encourage work and experience within Europe and internationally;
- Helping to retain graduates and skills and knowledge in local economies; and
- Contributing to development of the social enterprise sector